Growing plants is a great hobby. But like most hobbies, it can cost a lot of money. It is very easy to go over the top and spend a lot of money on tools that are not necessary and will just end up taking up some much-needed room in your shed. However, there are some essential tools that all plant growers must own to be successful. Here are the 5 must have tools for every plant growing enthusiast.
1) A Hand Trowel. This is a small handheld tool that is most often used for digging, planting, and weeding. They are perfect for transplanting bedding plants and taking out weeds. When purchasing a hand trowel, it is important you get one with a comfortable handle, so it does not hurt your hand after constant use. It is also worthwhile purchasing one with a broad blade, as this will allow you to dig up bigger weeds.
2) Gloves. One of the worst parts about gardening and growing plants is dealing with thorny weeds. To combat this, you will need a good pair of gardening gloves. To buy the perfect pair of gloves, you will need to make sure they are not too bulky, fit comfortably and are also breathable, to stop your hands getting too hot in the summer.
3) Pruning Shears. Also known as hand pruners, or secateurs, help trim back larger plants that are getting out of control. They are also used for cutting dead or damaged branches off plants. When buying pruning shears, you will want to get some with sharp blades so you can more easily cut back your plants.
4) Spade. This is one of the tools you will probably get the most out of, they are perfect tools for moving mounds of dirt and digging holes for plants. A spade is also a good tool for digging out existing plants, if you have plants for trade Kent. When buying a spade, you would want to get one that has a long handle, as this will provide more leverage.
5) Watering Can. This is the most essential tool for watering your plants. It is especially good for plants that are either high off the ground or generally hard to reach. When you purchase a watering can, you will want to choose one with a comfortable handle and also a long nozzle, to reach those hard to get to areas.