6 Dangerous Fruits & Vegetables for Dogs
Are you harming your dog? Of course not. You’re probably shouting at the screen that your dog is part of the family! But there are many common fruit and vegetables which are toxic to dogs and if you don’t know what they are, you might accidentally be giving your dog a treat which is causing him or her harm.
In this article from https://www.bestcasinositesonline.com/online-slots/ we will be listing out a few of them.
The fact that grapes and raisins are toxic to dogs is becoming common knowledge among pet owners, and for good reason! They are toxic. While some dogs can consume grapes and/or raisins with no symptoms, it’s simply just not worth the risk. This is because consuming grapes or raisins can actually lead to irreversible kidney damage. So it’s best to make sure these are far out of reach of your pup.
There are many types of cherries, all of which are pretty popular snack foods. It’s no wonder why – they’re delicious! While the pulp of the fruit is safe for dogs to eat, the plant and pit are moderately toxic to our dogs and can result in respiratory failure and death. In fact, the plants and pits contain cyanide, so it’s no surprise that they are toxic. Be sure to keep your dog away from cherry plants, and feed only the pulp if you’re going to share with your pooch.
3. Apple Seeds
Another fruit that is generally safe for dogs, apples should be fed with care. Apple seeds contain cyanide and are very toxic to our dogs. While dogs typically have to eat quite a bit of apple seeds in order to suffer the effects, it’s not unheard of. Many dogs will eat just about anything! So if you notice your pup has gotten into your produce basket, make sure he hasn’t consumed too many apples. If you feed them as a snack, better to be safe than sorry and avoid feeding the core, according to experts from best payout online casinos.
While you might be familiar with grapes and raisins being dangerously toxic to dogs, currants might catch you by surprise. But currants carry the same level of severe toxicity that grapes and raisins do. Even if you don’t notice sudden vomiting and diarrhea after your dog consumes currants, take your dog to the veterinarian. Just like the other small fruit, currants can cause severe renal failure.
Whilst the ordinary mushrooms that you use in cooking should be ok, wild mushrooms can be very poisonous and one of those things that dogs forage around for whilst out walking. Symptoms vary according to the mushroom but include the diarrhoea, vomiting and restlessness. If you suspect your dog has eaten wild mushrooms, get them to the vets.
Dogs don’t digest nuts in the same way as humans and several types are poisonous to them, particularly Macadamia nuts. Those that aren’t poisonous are still difficult to digest and can cause other problems to your pet’s wellbeing. The best advice is always to keep nuts out of reach. Particularly bad are walnuts, pecan nuts and macadamia nuts. Remember that nut butters are also high in fat and salt which is bad for your dog’s system.